Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

In Search of Clubs

We went to Leiria, yesterday, in search of a cheap set of golf clubs. There is a course about an hour away, and the green fees are such that I might play once a month, or so. It all depends. But I wanted to have a set of clubs, just in case. So I found what I needed in Leiria and took the 1 hour trip to buy them.

Municipal Pool

Leiria is quite a lovely city. When we arrived, we found ample free parking in the lot across from the stadium and right next to the municipal pool. We went inside to use the restrooms and found a fantastic pool for public use. 

Lift to Castle

Just a short walk away is the castle and there was a free lift to the castle entrance. Something my wife assures me is rare. The castle, itself, compared to many in Portugal is small, but very nice and the ticket for 2 seniors was a whopping 2.10€. So it was quite a bargain.

View from below

Just before you enter the courtyard

View from the top of the old castle

Detail of an archway

The "New" Castle

And finally, at the end of the day, I contacted the seller and retrieved  a 30€ set of clubs, used, but serviceable. Now, if I can just find a putter, I am in business.



No comments:

Post a Comment